This week, I was encouraged to think about and communicate the reasons it is important to me that we address global warming. Because I am a fan of the movie High Fidelity, I feel it is appropriate to express those reasons as a top five.
1. Addressing global warming improves our relationship with the planet because it requires cutting pollution from greenhouse gas emissions.
2. I feel a responsibility to the other inhabitants of the planet to stop the global effects of warming.
3. I feel a connection to the place I grew up, and I don't want to see it changed significantly by something we can stop.
4. I want to protect the species that are threatened with extinction by warming.
5. I want to feel the excitement of taking a new path of energy use and production.
Do you have a top five reasons to address global warming? What's important to you? How will it be affected by warming?